Waiting for your United States Postal Service (USPS) package could be very inconvenient, especially if it takes longer than expected. What if USPS tells you that someone else got your package for final delivery instead of you? When you looked at the tracking information, it said that the package had been “delivered to an agent for final delivery.” What does that mean?
ForwardVia specializes in sending packages around the world and often uses Royal Mail and their partner, USPS, to deliver packages in the United States. They have a lot of experience with delivering packages, so they know what “Delivered To Agent For Final Delivery” means. Let’s take a look at it to learn more about what it means.
To deliver to an agent for final delivery, what does it mean?
Every day, the USPS deals with a lot of mail and packages. There is always a chance that the person who is supposed to get the package won’t be there to get it. The package can then be taken by someone who is allowed to or by a family member. Then, your tracking information will say that your package has been given to an agent for final delivery.
But sometimes the package is sent to the agent even though it wasn’t meant for that person or that person’s name. This might be hard to understand. You should know that anyone who gets your mail or packages for you is acting as your agent. There are also services like concierge, front desk, and parcel lockers that can accept and sign for USPS packages on behalf of other people.
USPS says the package was given to the agent for final delivery. What can I do to check?
You can track your package delivery or shipping status at any time to find out where it is or if it got stuck in the mail. The following techniques can be used for tracking:
- Use the tools on the USPS website to track your package’s journey.
- Use USPS app. You can get the official USPS app by going to Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store. You can use it to easily track your package and get alerts sent to your phones.
- You can call or email USPS customer service. You can call them at 1-800-222-1811, or you can find other ways to reach them on their website.
The tracking says that the package has been “Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery,” but there’s still no sign of it.
Do not worry. Here are some things you can do if you still can’t find out where your package is:
- Just walk into any USPS office. Go to a USPS office near you and talk to a worker about your problem. They should tell you what happened to your package and how to get it back or file a claim for its loss.
- Tell the sender or seller that you haven’t received the package. They should be able to help you. They will talk to USPS, do an investigation, and give you more information. If they can’t find it, they will likely have to send it to you again.
- Raise an insurance lost claim against USPS. On their website, you can file a claim for either a domestic or an international shipment.
How do I use USPS to send a package from the UK?
Royal Mail is like USPS in the UK. In the US, packages sent through the Royal Mail network in the UK are delivered to your door by USPS. Sign up for a free account at ForwardVia.com to get your own UK address so you can shop there. Here are the five easy steps you need to take to sign up, shop, and have your order shipped to your door:
1. Sign up online at ForwardVia.com to get a free UK address.
2. Buy your goods from any online store in the UK
3. Use your UK ForwardVia shipping address as your local delivery address.
4. When your goods arrive at our UK warehouse, we’ll let you know.
5. Sign in to your Forwardvia account, click on “Royal Mail,” and we’ll get it shipped to your door via USPS. ForwardVia also lets you ship with courier services like DHL, FedEx, and UPS.