The Task Manager app lets you control the programs on your computer. You can start a process by typing its name into the search box in the upper left corner of the screen. But there are times when it might be better to change the name of a process than to start it.
In Task Manager, the Details tab tells you about a process. Also, using the buttons provided, the process can be stopped or closed. You can change the name of the process by clicking on the Details tab and then on the Process Name link.
After you change the name, you can click the arrow next to it to see the new name.
One of the easiest ways to change the name of a program in the Task Manager Details Tab is to right-click on the program, choose Rename, and type in a new name.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Win+X to open Task Manager, and then go to the Processes tab.
- Click the right mouse button on any process and choose “Rename” from the menu that appears.
- Please give the program the new name you want and click OK to save.
In Windows 11, you can use the task manager to find, organize, and run programs on your computer, but you must know how to rename programs in the task manager.
You can search for the programs you need in Windows task manager and click on the Details tab to find them. You can also sort programs by their names or the dates they were last changed.
The first thing you need to do in the Windows 11 task manager is change the name of the program. Click the little gear next to the name of the program and choose Edit. After this step is done, the program can be given a new name. Click the down arrow and choose “Do not rename” if you don’t want to change the name of the program.
Rename Program In Task Manager Details Tab
Here’s how to change the name of a program in Task Manager’s Details tab.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Any program’s name can be changed by right-clicking on its icon and choosing “Rename.”
- It will change the name of the program on its own.
- You can also do the steps below by hand if you’d rather.
- Click “More details” in the task manager . Click the small arrow next to the word “Program.”
- Go to the tab labeled “Details.”
- Select the “Title” field in the “Details” field.
- Press enter to change the name of the program.
- Click “Ok” to save the changes.
- Right now, the task management window displays the updated name. .
- When you right-click on the program, you can choose “Close” from the menu that pops up.
- You can now look for the name of the program whenever you need to.
- To see all the programs, click the “All Programs” button in the task manager.
Materials: Windows 10 or Windows 11
You can also read here What the Website Development Process Actually Looks Like in Practice