Do you like YouTube but despise its intrusive advertisements, slow loading times, and high data usage? Do you ever find yourself wishing you could save your favourite YouTube clips to watch offline? Then you certainly are not alone. There are a wide variety of reasons why individuals desire to download films from YouTube for free, including for personal use, classroom use, professional use, and even travel.
However, getting free YouTube Video downloads is not as simple as it may seem. Except for the videos that explicitly provide a download button, viewers of YouTube cannot save videos locally. Downloading or sharing videos without the consent of the video’s producers or owners is also against YouTube’s terms of service and policy.
So, how can you save money and avoid trouble by downloading films from YouTube? The solution is straightforward: utilise a free programme to download videos from YouTube. Any video from YouTube may be downloaded for free using a YouTube video downloader free tool, which can be either a piece of software or a website. A YouTube video may be downloaded with only a few clicks with the video’s URL.
In just three easy actions, you’ll be able to download videos from YouTube without paying a dime. We’ll also go through some free software that you may use if you’d want to see whether it works to download videos from YouTube. You’ll be able to view any video on YouTube without paying for it after reading this.
Step 1: Find a YouTube Video Downloader Free Tool
Finding a free YouTube video downloader that works for your device and tastes is the first step in downloading videos from the site. Numerous websites, browser add-ons, and desktop programmes provide free services to download videos from YouTube. There are benefits and drawbacks to using any tool, including those related to speed, quality, format, security, and legality.
Some free options for downloading videos from YouTube are provided below
- Online websites: There are a number of online resources available that will enable you to download videos from YouTube without cost. Websites like Y2Mate.com, SaveFrom.net, KeepVid.com, and OnlineVideoConverter.com are examples of what may be found on the internet. Websites hosted online have the benefits of being accessible from anywhere at any time and on any device. Pop-ups, advertisements, malware, viruses, low quality, and legal issues are some of the drawbacks.
- Browser extensions: You may install a browser extension, which is similar to a plugin in other browsers, to download YouTube videos directly from your browser’s toolbar with a single click. Video DownloadHelper, Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express, and 4K Video Downloader are just a few examples of available browser extensions. The benefits of browser add-ons include more flexibility in terms of file type and quality, as well as increased convenience. There are potential legal problems, browser speed degradation, and the need for upgrades or authorization as drawbacks.
- Desktop software: These are programmes that can be downloaded and installed on a computer; once installed, they enable you to download YouTube videos for free by entering the video’s URL into a designated field. Desktop applications like Freemake Video Downloader, WinX YouTube Downloader, and Any Video Converter Free are just a few examples. Desktop applications have the upper hand because they are more robust, flexible, and provide superior format and quality choices. Cons include potential clutter on your hard drive, setup and registration hassles, and potential legal ramifications.
If you’re looking for a fast and simple method to download YouTube videos for free without downloading anything on your device, we suggest visiting internet portals. If you’re looking for a simple and trustworthy method to download YouTube videos for free with additional format and quality choices, add-ons for popular browsers are your best bet. Desktop software is your best bet for a robust and flexible YouTube video download experience, with support for several formats and high quality settings.
We have tried and/or utilised Y2Mate.com, a web-based service, as well as the browser add-on Video DownloadHelper and the desktop programme Freemake Video Downloader. They fit our needs since they are well-known, trustworthy, and simple to use. In the phases to come, we shall reference these instances.
Step 2: Copy and Paste the YouTube Video URL into the Tool
Step two of downloading a video from YouTube without paying anything is to choose a suitable download programme and then enter the video’s URL into it. The URL of a video you’re now viewing on YouTube will appear in your browser’s address bar. If you click the “share” button that appears under the video player, you may copy the URL there, too.
Here’s how to insert the video’s URL into other programmes:
- Online website: To access the webpage of your selected online resource, open a new tab in your browser. Visit Y2Mate.com as one good example. You may enter the video’s URL in the designated field on the webpage. To watch a video, just paste the link you copied from YouTube into the box and hit play.
- Browser extension: Get the YouTube window open where the video is playing. An icon or button representing the extension you’ve installed in your browser will appear on the toolbar. The Video DownloadHelper icon is a three-colored balloon, for instance. To start downloading the video, launch the browser add-on by clicking its icon or button.
- Desktop software: Launch the application for the desktop applications that you have installed. There will be a “paste URL” or “add URL” option on the program’s main window. To find Freemake Video Downloader, for instance, click the green plus sign button. After copying the YouTube video’s URL, choose the “paste URL” or “add URL” option and then paste the copied URL.
Step 3: Choose the Output Format and Quality and Start the Download
The third and last step in downloading videos from YouTube for free is selecting the format and quality of the downloaded file. A video may be downloaded in any format the user choose (MP4, MP3, AVI, etc.). The video’s resolution and detail upon download are managed by the output quality. Available video resolutions include 4K, HD, SD, and more.
To begin the download and choose the desired output format and quality, please follow the instructions below.
- Online website: After pasting the video’s URL into the input box and clicking start or go on the online page, you will be presented with a menu of available output format and quality choices. On Y2Mate.com, for instance, you may choose between file formats like MP4 1080p, MP4 720p, MP3 128kbps, etc. Choose the format that best fits your requirements, and then press the save or download button. The download will start immediately.
- Browser extension: To customise the video’s output format and quality, a pop-up window or menu will appear when you pick the download option from the browser extension’s icon or button. On Video DownloadHelper, for instance, you may choose from many formats, including MP4 HD, MP4 SD, WEBM HD, etc. Choose the best solution for you, and then either click OK or Save. The download will start immediately.
- Desktop software: Once you’ve pasted the video’s URL into the programme and clicked paste URL or add URL, you’ll be presented with a box or menu where you may choose the desired output format and quality. On Freemake Video Downloader, for instance, you may choose between downloading videos in their “Original Quality,” “HD Quality,” “Best Quality,” etc. Click Download Now or Convert based on which choice is best for you. The download will start immediately.
In conclusion, a YouTube video downloader free programme allows users to easily and quickly download videos from the platform. Any video from YouTube may be downloaded for free using a YouTube video downloader free tool, which can be either a piece of software or a website. A YouTube video may be downloaded with only a few clicks with the video’s URL.
We have shown how to locate a free YouTube video downloader programme that meets your requirements, how to copy and paste the video’s URL into the tool, how to choose the desired output format and quality, and how to start the download process.
Y2Mate.com, Video DownloadHelper, and Freemake Video Downloader are just a few of the free programmes we’ve listed that may be used to download videos from YouTube. We’ve settled on them due to their widespread acceptance, solid reputation, and welcoming interface.