We live in a great time when creative people can make money from their talents without the help of middlemen like agents and producers. First, sites like Patreon and OnlyFans showed that people who make content could make money by selling access to it directly to viewers.
But time moves on, and a lot of new resources have popped up on the market to help people make money from their content. Some platforms focus on adult content, while others make their own tools for advertising.
Today, we’ll talk about how Fansly works, how much a model can make on the site, and how creators can reach more people without putting in too much time.
How to begin using Fansly
You must be at least 18 years old to work on the platform. This rule was added because the platform was made especially for people who make content for adults. On the site, people like webcam models, adult film stars, and famous people who are willing to share their real photos do well.
You don’t have to take off all your clothes in front of the camera to work on set. You can make a blog about your life, one about travel, one about fitness, and so on.
When it comes to age limits, all Fansly authors must pass verification, which involves proving the information they gave with photos of their ID. After that, new bloggers get the chance to post content and make money from it.
Let’s talk about the tools that models can use to make money on Fansly.
How Fansly makes money:
The platform doesn’t offer any innovative ways to make money. Instead, it gives authors the standard set of tools for making money.
On the site, there are four basic methods to gain money:
- Subscriptions. This is the most common way for authors on any platform to share their work. You can decide how much people will have to pay each month to see your content. Users who want to keep up with your work pay the subscription fee and become your fans (subscribers). Your goal is to keep users interested and turn them into repeat visitors.
- Paid posts. Another way to make money off of your work on the platform. Put the most interesting and engaging content in paid posts that people have to pay extra to read. Top content can be paid for by both subscribers and people who just visit your page once in a while.
- Paid messages. Users of content platforms don’t pay for explicit content, which they can find for free on the Internet. Instead, they pay to interact with the models they like. Communication with subscribers is a big part of how well the platform works. Users can send private messages and even ask for unique content to be made just for them. Make photos and videos on demand (if the offer is good, of course) and sell access to unique content directly through private messages.
- Tips. This is a way for all people who use the platform to say thank you. People who want to thank you for your work can send you money as a donation.
Bloggers who are successful can also get advertising deals or make money by working with other creators. But subscribers are the platform’s main source of income. If you have more fans, you will get more money at the end of the month.
How much money can you earn as a model on Fansly?
So, let’s say you’ve been approved and are ready to start making money on the most popular type of content (explicit photos and videos). You put up a few free posts and some content that people had to pay for. The next step is to set up how much it will cost to subscribe.
There are four paid levels that you can:
- Bronze: Suppose it costs $5. If your fans pay this amount, they can see all of your NSFW photos.
- Sliver: When users pay $10, they can watch your 3-minute videos and see your private photos.
- Gold: Gold subscribers pay $25 a year to see all of your photos and videos and chat with you privately.
- Diamond: A diamond subscription costs $40 and lets users not only chat with you but also ask you to make unique content on demand.
All prices and situations are used as examples. Only you will be able to decide how much tiers cost and what users get based on how much they pay. And don’t forget that the resource takes a 20% cut of what you earn each month for using the platform.
But you should know that this kind of system only works for well-known bloggers who post a lot of different things. If you just made a page and haven’t been able to build a reputation yet, you should only offer one kind of subscription.
As for how much money models make, most content creators make between 500 and 700 dollars per month. At the same time, influencers and celebrities who post erotica can make millions of dollars a year from it. Sign up to be a creator on FriendsOnly here.
How well you do on the platform depends on the kind of content you post, the quality of what you post, and, of course, how well you promote your work.
Promotion for Fansly
Unfortunately, the platform doesn’t give authors very many ways to promote their work. Just like on OnlyFans, authors on Fansly have to use social networks and other tools to get subscribers. Even the platform’s creators’ recommendation system won’t help new users because it only includes top authors with a lot of subscribers.
People who make content but don’t want to share what they do on the platform on social networks can use FriendsOnly, the first social network for bloggers. We’ve made a system where the content itself is the advertising.
With the following tools, even newbies can get to the top of our site:
- Free books that can be read by anyone who uses the platform.
- A recommendation system that puts our authors’ free posts on the main page (recommendations are made for all creators, no matter how many subscribers they have).
- A free trial period to help users decide if they want to sign up for the service permanently.
- Statistical tools to figure out what people like.
- A group of affiliates who are ready to market your account.